Additional Financial Support Information
There is a large and ever changing range of specialised and general support being made available due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sex workers have the same entitlements to apply for support as other members of the general community whether you sex worked as an employee of a sex service premises, as an individual contractor to one or more sex services premise or as a small business/individual trader working either independently as a private sex worker, under individual contact to premise(s) or a combination of the above.
Unfortunately some financial assistance, and especially that provided by governments is structured in such a way to exclude persons who do not have residency in Australia or whose visas do not permit them to work.
Sex workers unable to access financial assistance or any form of income support should contact SWOP.
Phone: (02) 9184 9466
Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri: 10am - 6pm, Wed: 2pm - 6pm
... ... and consider accessing the Emergency Support Fund for Sex Workers in Australia
SWOP appreciates your feedback on any of the sites below and your experience in dealing with them as this allows us to better inform sex workers choices in gaining financial support.
Feedback can be given at: (02) 9184 9466
Links to other Financial Resources:
- Information regarding Covid-specific Government benefits has been summarised at: COVID-Specific Government Payments for Workers & Businesses in NSW - SWOP Sex Workers Outreach Project
- Support available from the Australian Taxation Office: www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Dealing-with-disasters/In-detail/Specific-disasters/COVID-19/
- Information for NSW tenants is at: www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/resource-library/publications/coronavirus-covid-19/property/moratorium
- Information on small businesses grants: COVID-19 grants and support for small business | Small Business Commissioner (nsw.gov.au)
- Support available from banks: www.ausbanking.org.au/covid-19/
Information courtesy from the website of Alex Greenwich MP State Member of Parliament for Sydney. It includes links to small business and renter resources, to name a few.
Also, click below for the latest NSW Government financial support packages that are available to you.
Last updated: 23 August 2021