Here are a few tips for how to look after condoms and your health:
- Store condoms in a dry, cool place—away from direct sunlight, fluorescent light, heat or moisture.
- Always check the use-by date.
- Take care when opening the packed—you might tear or damage the condom, especially if you have long fingernails or are wearing jewellery.
- Do not use your teeth to open the packet.
- Practise opening packs and getting the condom the right side up before you are on the job.
- Try not to use clients’ condoms—they might be old or damaged.
- Condoms come in different shapes and sizes. So do clients, so make sure you have a range of condoms with you.
For more condom information and tips, click here.